Town of Boonville

Date Added: 
1936

Site of the town of Boonville Established in 1841 as the county seat of Navasota County by John Millican, John H. Jones, J. Ferguson, E. Seale, and Mordecai Boon whose name it bears. The name of the county was changed to Brazos in 1842. Boonville flourished until 1866 when Bryan was established on the railroad.

Special Directions/Instructions: 
From the intersection of SH 6 and Boonville Rd. (FM 158) take Boonville Road E approx. .3 mile to Boonville Cemetery, Bryan.

Location

30° 40' 19.7004" N, 96° 19' 50.9016" W