Wellborn Cemetery

Date Added: 
2001

The town of Wellborn was founded in 1867 along the Houston and Texas Central railroad line. By 1874, with the first documented burial -- that of two-year-old Newton Farquhar -- a cemetery was in existence to serve the community. A reflection of Wellborn's history, the burial ground contains the graves of community leaders, including brothers and business partners Thomas Harvey Royder and John Horace Royder; veterans from armed conflicts dating back to the Civil War; Brazos County pioneers; and members of fraternal organizations, identified by the distinctive symbols on their tombstones. (2001)

Special Directions/Instructions: 
4119 Greens Prairie Road West, near its intersection with Royder Rd., 2 blocks east of FM 2154 on Greens Prairie Rd., Wellborn.

Location

30° 32' 0.7008" N, 96° 17' 57.9984" W