Waldrop House

Date Added: 
1983

Designed by Houston architects Jones & Tabor, this home was built for Allister (1877-1936) and Nanne Waldrop in the early 1900s. Waldrop, a prominent area retail merchant, also served as President of the Bryan School Board. The Waldrop house, built in the American Four-Square style, reflects the architectural trend of the times toward simplicity of design. Interesting features include the Palladian dormer windows and the use of wood shingles on the second story. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983

Special Directions/Instructions: 
615 E. 29th St., Bryan.

Location

30° 40' 9.5988" N, 96° 22' 5.1996" W