The rural farming community of Wixon was settled in the late 1860s by former residents of several war-torn southern states. The Wixon School and Wixon Cumberland Presbyterian Church were established in the 1870s on land adjacent to this cemetery. The earliest recorded burial here was that of Nancy Summers in 1871. Both the church and school closed in the 1930s and in 1968 the school property was deeded to the cemetery association. Buried here are many of the area's early settlers and their descendants and at least 17 Confederate Civil War veterans.