German immigrant Adam Royder (d. 1894) donated one acre of land here for school purposes in 1891. A one-room schoolhouse was constructed where area students received instruction through the seventh grade. The Rock Prairie Missionary Baptist Church was organized in the schoolhouse in 1900, and church services were subsequently held there, as well. The Rock Prairie School was discontinued in 1919 after it was consolidated with the nearby Shiloh School, but the schoolhouse continued to serve area Baptists as a house of worship.
Rock Prairie School and Church